Could you figure self-publishing out by yourself?
Of course you could!
You are one smart cookie. You’ve written a book, after all. Not just anyone can do that.
But you don’t have to
There are so many more books and training programs and online courses, not to mention services that will do most of the heavy lifting for you.
You are not alone.
The coaching I offer is a good fit for you if:
- You want to publish your book yourself AND
- You also want some guidance so you don’t make costly mistakes
- You’re interested in the details of publishing BUT
- You don’t want to get tangled up for months in reams of detail
- This is your first book AND
- You want to write more books
It’s like training wheels for publishing
What I love about working with my clients is that they only need me for the first book.
Once they see how it’s done, they can then go on to do it themselves for all their subsequent books.
My very first client was a woman named Maggie Rayner, who had written a book about growing up Mormon. When we finished our coaching time together, her book was published and she was already working on the next one. Now, a couple of years later, she’s working on her third – and she hasn’t needed me since book 1.
She knows how to self-publish now because I walked her through the whole process once.
Advantages of Working with a Self-Publishing Coach
- Saving time by having customized, personalized answers to your questions
- Saving money by avoiding costly mistakes simply because you don’t know any different
- Moral support for when the road gets bumpy
- Ten years of self-publishing know-how at your fingertips
- You’ll be certain to avoid the sharks and scammers that prey on unsuspecting new authors
- You’ll get from manuscript to published book faster
- Access to the resources, tools and people that I trust, without having to wade through the unknown
What my coaching is not
On that note, let’s be clear about what happens when you work with me.
I provide the resources, information, experience and knowledge you need to publish your book. And then in between our sessions you implement what we’ve talked about.
I don’t do the work for you.
(There are services that will do that. If that’s the type of support you’re looking for I recommend BookBaby. Also, please be aware that many of the services that will help you publish your book are sharks, praying on the unaware. Please have a look at this list at the Alliance of Independent Authors and avoid any services that are rated with Caution.)
I’m not a marketing coach. My coaching is about getting your book from manuscript to an actual book (and the roughly bazillion steps that takes) and then getting it up on the online retailers.
I don’t help with traditional publishing. (That’s not my forte.)
Interested? Curious? Want some more information?
I always make sure I’m a good fit for my clients…and that they are a good fit for me.
I don’t want either of us to feel we’ve made the wrong decision.
Let’s see if coaching is the right next move on your self-publishing journey. If it isn’t, I’ll have suggestions for what might be the right next step for you.