Fulfill Your Dream of Publishing Your Book.
Are you overwhelmed with all there is to learn about and do in order to publish your book?
Writing your book was a huge moutain to climb, and now you've realized there's another one looming ahead.
Maybe you're feeling lost and frustrated.
Perhaps you're wondering if you'll ever be able to figure out all the moving parts involved with publishing.
You might even be feeling very alone.
Your friends and family might not understand why publishing your book matters so much to you.
Is your book lingering on your hard drive somewhere? When you think of it do you get mixed feelings? Pride that you've written a book mixed with dread or frustration about publishing it?
Coaches have a word for this: we call it 'tolerating'.
Tolerating something means we're dragging it around with us everywhere we go. It's something that's undone that we want to get done but just can't quite get there. When we think about it, our energy drains a bit.
Stop worrying and start publishing
I'm here to help you move from tolerating your manuscript to being the proud author of a book that's available at all the online retailers and may even be making you some money!
Make your dreams a reality.
What if you could wake up every day knowing you're an author.
You've not only written a book, you've published it. And people actually buy it!
When friends search your name on Amazon, they find your book.
When strangers ask you what you do, you say, "I'm an author."
Ideas for the next book begin to flow because now you know what to do to publish that book...and the next one...and the next one.
Saving you time and money. Eliminating frustration.
Self-publishing is a learned skill, just like so many things in life. This is great news for you, because:
- You can't be expected to know how to do it without some guidance; and
- Once you've learned how to do it, you can apply that skill again and again, for as long as you want to write books.
Working with a self-publishing coach means:
- you'll save money by avoiding costly mistakes
- you'll save time by learning how to self-publish from someone who's done it consistently for over 10 years
- and you'll eliminate frustration because you'll have an expert at your fingertips who will answer any and all questions and safely guide your journey to publishing success
The First-Draft-to-Published-Book Program
The biggest barrier these days for authors trying to self-publish their first book is overwhelm:
- There is so much information that it can feel like you're drinking from the proverbial firehose
- You have so many choices to make but it's hard to know which are the right ones
- Self-publishing is an intricate puzzle with an almost infinite number of pieces
- Not to mention all the technology you need to grapple with
UGH! No wonder so many authors give up before they even begin.
There is another way.
I've developed this step-by-step program to take your book from the draft form it's in now and turn it into the published book you've dreamed of.
Your Polished Manuscript
In order to publish confidently and to be proud of what you've done, you'll want to have your manuscript in the best possible shape. We'll talk about the types of editing you may need and how they differ, and most importantly, how you can find the right editor(s) for your book. You'll learn how to avoid the mistakes so many authors make by rushing their book to print before it's ready.
Cover Design and Genre
People DO judge a book by its cover. We underestimate the importance of this part of the publishing process at our peril. This section of the program will teach you all about the importance of your book's genre and how to ensure that your book is positioned properly within that genre so that it has the very best chance of selling well. Dovetailed with this discussion is a conversation about the right cover design for your book.
Your Author Website
Your home on the web is your virtual calling card. Without it you won't be able to connect with readers and turn them into fans. A website doesn't have to be complex...and it doesn't have to cost a bomb. You'll learn what matters - and what doesn't - on a website and how to put a simple site into place in a matter of hours.
Formatting for eBook and Paperback
At this point your manuscript is back from being edited and proofread. It's time to get it into shape so that you can sell it online. You'll learn about the tools and resources available for both types of formatting. (We can even talk about audiobooks!) You'll pull together all the requisite pieces for a professionally published book that readers won't be able to differentiate from a traditionally published book.
Book Description, Keywords and Categories
No matter how brilliant and beautifully written your book is, it won't sell unless it entices your readers. You'll learn how to make sure your book is described and positioned correctly so it has the best chance of success. These details are often where the wheels fall off for authors, so I'll make sure that doesn't happen for you.
This is it! The moment you've been working toward. Time to make your writing / publishing / author dreams come true!! We'll talk author dashboards, aggregators (what?! Don't worry - I'll explain), and perhaps most importantly, how you get paid when your book sells!
Who is this for?
This program is not for everyone. It's a good fit for you if:
- You have a completed draft of a book
- You are certain that self-publishing is the best option for you
- You want to publish more than one book
- You want personalized, one-on-one support to get your book off your computer and into the online retailers
Who is this not for?
- This program is not for you if you're not willing to do the work at each step to bring the book closer to being publication ready
- It is not suitable for those writers who do not have a completed draft of their book (i.e., I am not a writing coach)
- If you only intend to self-publish one book, then a service like BookBaby would be a better fit for you
- If you want to publish your books with a traditional publisher my coaching is not for you
Maybe you've already taken care of some of the contents of the program listed above.
Email me and we can design a self-publishing program that is tailored for your specific needs and questions.
Want to know more about who I am and what I can offer you from my 10 years of self-publishing experience?
Again, no problem!
Learn all about me here.